In August – September 2018 I played Lady Castlemain in Here to There Productions’ performance of Nell Gwynn, by Jessica Swale at The Courtyard, Hereford. (left)
In August – September 2017 I played the eponymous role in Here to There Productions’ performance of Anne Boleyn, by Howard Brenton at The Courtyard, Hereford. (right)
Working with Here to There Productions in July 2016 I played the role of Isobel in their production of Bull by Mike Bartlett. Bull is a fast-paced, vicious insight into contemporary office politics – in addition to a private performance in Stratford-upon-Avon on Friday 20th May, the play was performed at The Coach House, Malvern on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th July and then between Tuesday 19th to Friday 22nd July at Ludlow Brewery.
In June 2016 I performed the role of Ophelia in Rooftop Theatre Company‘s, production of Hamlet at Ludlow Brewery. The production was met with positive reviews, all of which can be seen here.
‘Poppy consistently delivers accurate, articulate, performances time-and-again.’ Simon DeVay
‘the audience is both mesmerised and delighted. Mesmerised by […] Ophelia’s naive innocence and utterly believable descent into her own insanity’ Diane Lyle
‘The emotional engagement from the cast I felt was terrific. Their relationships, their emotions, had real depth and intensity – we were witnessing the real thing, not a sham. That was true throughout the cast and throughout the play, particularly powerful for me in the dynamic between Hamlet, Ophelia and Laertes.’ Mark Topping
‘Hamlet (Daniel Wilby) and the delicate, fragile Ophelia (Poppy Wilde) gave credible, heart- wrenching performances’ Bev Jenkins
A review was published of Much Ado About Nothing in the Teme Valley Times – view it here!
In February 2015 I was cast as Young Fiona in a short film, A Day Like Today, produced by Wild Edric Media.
Prior drama / performance related activities further to my undergraduate degree in Performance Studies and Drama (First Class Joint Honours) include:
– LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) grade: Distinction 2008-2011.
– LAMDA qualifications in ‘The Speaking of Verse and Prose’ and ‘Acting’ up to Grade 8 (Gold Medal) all achieved at Distinction grade 2002-2008.
– Blast Theory Summer School 2012.
– Trustee of Arts Alive from 2008-2013.
– Ludlow Assembly Rooms Box Office Receptionist 2007-2008.
– Trainee Artist with Faceit, yearlong community arts project for the town of Craven Arms, aiming to promote creative activities and workshops in the community 2007-2008.
– Assisted at various South Shropshire District Council organised events such as drama and dance “play days” for 5-11 year olds, and also assisted at a “Play in a Week” project aimed at teenagers 2008.
– Volunteered at Ludlow Assembly Rooms “ReAct” youth theatre for two terms with class of 5 – 8 year olds, and occasionally with 8 – 11 year group 2008.
– Stewarded and published reviews for theatre shows at SpArC, Bishop’s Castle 2008.
– Former member of the 4Play Theatre Company based in Hereford. 4Play runs as a semi-professional company, taking on the various roles such as performing, technical and marketing. I was cast as Josie in the play “Iron” which ran for four performances at The Courtyard, Hereford, in January 2008.
– Worked with Murderous Liaisons on several occasions for murder mystery events 2007.
– Attended several workshops at RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) through 2007 – 2008.
– Visited Pentabus Theatre company for work experience 2007.
– Broadcasting work experience at Sunshine Radio, including voice overs 2007.
– Cast as an extra for a Channel Four film adaptation of one of acclaimed children’s writer Jacqueline Wilson’s books and shot both on location and in the studio.
– Former member of Ludlow Variety Company and performed in various pantomimes and shows with the company as well as performing in a few productions with Ludlow Amatuer Dramatics Society.